Looking to Support Local?
Monashee Community Co-op is a Community Service Co-operative. This means that we all work to benefit members collectively—all profits are driven back into the development of the co-op, rather than by yearly dividends. Our mandate includes keeping our prices competitive, expanding our variety and quality of merchandise, engaging more local vendor/consigners and making our community stronger, more resilient and healthier.
- Each membership represents one share and one vote at our Annual General Meeting (AGM). Voting privileges take effect 30 days after full membership payment is made.
- As a member you help to determine the path and goals of the Co-op through suggestions, voting or joining our Board of Directors.
- Member product prices are 10% less than customers.
- Member-only sales and specials.
- Members can suggest new products as per our mandate.
- Option to order case-lot and bulk quantities at further reduced cost.
- Discounts on Co-op sponsored classes, workshops and events.
- Co-op space and sponsorship are available for members to hold approved workshops.
- Make friends with like-minded people; attend potlucks, bonfires, hikes and gatherings.
- Your membership never expires!
$50.00 for a life-time membership.
*Each membership extends to all people living under the same roof, however it provides only one vote.
Keeping Costs Low Through Volunteerism
The Co-op is ~95% volunteer-run (we hired our first paid employee on May 1, 2019!), and although membership does not require that you volunteer, we do welcome it.
There are various ways that you and your household can contribute, be it from home or within the store itself. Please check out our volunteer page to see how you can share your passion and skills.